Top tips for life with braces
There are a few things you’ll need to be mindful of if you’re wearing braces or clear aligners.
- Do… keep your teeth clean at all times. This means brushing after every meal and snack.
- Do… attend all your appointments with your orthodontist to ensure the best results.
- Do… attend all your appointments with your general dentist during treatment.
- Don’t… bite on tops of pens or pencils as these can damage your braces. This also includes biting your fingernails!
- Don’t... Eat hard or crunchy foods. Broken braces can mean prolonged treatments.
- Don’t… try and fix your braces if they’ve been damaged. Instead, give our receptionists a call and ask to book a broken brace appointment. We’ll do our best to see you as soon as possible!
- Don’t… forget to follow the instructions your orthodontist gives you. By not adhering to your treatment plan, you could lengthen treatment time, or even worse, have to stop.
When you are first fitted with your braces or Invisalign® clear aligners, we’ll give you information on living with braces. It really is easier than you imagine.